CALACS Agression Estrie : What is it really?
CALACS Agression estrie is a non-profit organisation (NGO) that helps women and teenagers over 12 years old who have been sexually assaulted. We can also support their relatives and social circle.
What do we do concretely?
We can help you or your close ones in these ways:
- An intervener can accompany you to the hospital, to the planning clinic, to the police station or even to court if you need it.
- Dial our phone number and someone will be there to listen to you and answer your questions.
- You can meet an intervener regularly for individual follow-up, and she can meet with you at your school if you wish.
- You can also meet with an intervener for a single meeting to discuss your situation or a problem you have currently regarding the aggression.
- When your individual follow-up is over, you can join a support group at the CALACS. The support group consists of 5 to 9 women meeting for a period of 10-12 weeks. They discuss different topics and share similar experiences.
- Your parents, brothers, sisters, boyfriend/girlfriend, friends… can come to see us if they would like to talk with someone and improve their understanding of sexual assault.
- Don’t hesitate to contact us regarding our other services. You might also find some of them in the section Resources.
***Everything is confidential and free. This means that no one will know that you are meeting with an intervener unless you wish it.***
- You might have seen an intervener from the CALACS in your school or somewhere else. They are there to talk with you and answer your questions!
- It’s important that sexual assault turns into a subject that is less taboo and that everyone becomes more aware of its important consequences. We are trying to be present in the media (newspaper, radio, facebook, internet) so that we can meet with people, inform them and make our services more visible to the community.
We really value and work to improve the condition of girls and the women in our society. We participate in committees, round tables and events that are working towards a better future for women in the world. We also have a partnership with organisations that work towards a society without violence against women, such as hospitals and police. Adding on, whenever it is needed to, we strongly defend girls’ and women’ rights.
Dates to keep in mind :
– International Woman’s Day – March 8th
– Day of action for sexual violence against women – 3rd Friday of Septembre
– Prevention week against sexual assaults – 3rd week of September
– 12 days of action against violence towards women – November 25th to the 6th of December
Documents and information that you can get :
We have, in our offices, a variety of documentation and books that are accessible for our clientele. If ever you wish to access a document or any other resource, don’t hesitate to contact us.